With just a few steps towards making a delicious dish everyone enjoys Monkey Bread is the perfect go-to pastry for an early morning brunch. I’m not one for doing things by the book so when I looked at what ingredients I had in the fridge this weekend I decided to try jazzing up a classic by adding in some of my favorite fall produce – PEACHES.
Peaches bring a fresh flavor and hint of sweetness that compliments the rich doughiness everyone loves about traditional Monkey Bread.
Peach Monkey Bread Recipe
The night before you plan to bake your dish, peel and dice the peaches. The trick to peeling peaches is boiling for 15 seconds and then leaving in an ice water bath to cool. After the peaches are cool remove the skin and dice into bite sized pieces.
Place into a large bowl with a lid and add 1/2 of sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. Toss into the fridge overnight so the flavors can soak together.
The next morning get up and pull out the rest of the ingredients, sugar, cinnamon, butter and canned biscuits. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix 3/4 a cup of sugar with 1 tbs of cinnamon in a one gallon ziplock back. In a bowl, melt half a cup of butter.
Cut the biscuits into 1/4 pieces and dip them into the butter bowl before tossing into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Each piece should be well coated. Be careful not to put to many in coat at once as they will stick together and nothing will have enough sugar.
Once the biscuits are coated, start to fill up your bundt pan. This is when you want to start adding your peach sugar mixture back in. Pull it out of the fridge and use a slotted spoon so strain peaches out before putting them into the pan. You don’t want to make the biscuits soggy.
Repeat until the pan is full and place in the oven to cook for 45 mins. Remove and leave on the counter to set for 15 additional minutes. This allows all the juices to soak into the biscuits and make a delicious gooey mess. Cut into slices and serve with a drizzle of the peach juice.
- 3 large peaches
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 cans of biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter
- Peel and dice peaches. Place into a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl and allow peaches to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- The next morning - preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon in a large ziplock bag.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter.
- Slice premade biscuits into 1/4 pieces.
- Coat biscuit pieces in butter and toss individually in the bag with sugar and cinnamon.
- Fill the bundt pan, alternating layers between biscuits and strained peaches.
- Cook for 45 mins and allow to cool for 15 minutes to give the bread time to set.
- Serve with a drizzle of leftover peach juice.