Planning the perfect outing for Valentine’s Day can be overwhelming with all of the options. When the holiday is in the middle of the week, like it is this year, it might make sense to try and celebrate the following weekend instead. With our contrasting work schedules, Drew & I will be celebrating next weekend since I won’t actually see him on Wednesday till after midnight.
I’ve put together a few of my favorite places to enjoy Valentine’s Day in Denver, perfect for heading out with your love, or tossing together a galentine’s group instead.
Valentine’s Day Specials at Marcella’s Ristorante
I wrote about Marcella’s as the perfect Denver Date night a few weeks ago and if you haven’t been yet, these Valentine’s Day specials are the perfect reason to head over and check them out! All of the specials will run through February 18th and you should definitely get a reservation to make sure you have a table at this new Denver hotspot.
- Saffron crab mascarpone ravioli with prosecco cream sauce asparagus and sun-dried tomato for $25.95
- Spring pea and parmesan onion risotto topped with pan-seared scallops and garnished with sun-dried tomato pesto for $19.95
- Strawberry and chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream, chocolate ganache and a chocolate covered strawberry for $10
For “Galentines Day,” they have a special deal for just $40 per lady! Start off with a prosecco toast for and enjoy the braised veal meatball, bruschetta, margarita pizza and melted pecorino to share. No Galetine’s is complete without dessert so each person gets to wrap up the meal with a tiramisu!
Hilton Denver Inverness February Special
The Hilton Inverness is one of the best resort experiences you can find without leaving the state. We had a mini-staycation at the Inverness last summer and I can’t stop raving about how amazing everything was. If you don’t want to spend the night out, you can sign up for a day at the spa and enjoy all the amenities instead!
All throughout the month of February, the Hilton is offering a full spa day package for just $250. The package includes:
- 50 min facial
- 50 min massage
- Classic Manicure
- Glass of Champagne
You really can’t beat all that for the price! To snag this deal, you have to call the spa to get everything set up.
Take a Day Trip to Visit Loveland
Just north of Denver, Loveland is one of the Valentine’s Day capitals of the world. All throughout the Metro Area you can typically drop off Valentine’s Day cards to be postmarked in loveland all throughout the month of February. If you are planning to celebrate your love next weekend, there are a ton of fun activities you can check out with your sweetheart.
- Grimm Brothers Brewery: The fairy tale themed brewery is serving up their “Bleeding Heart” brew at their brewery and all throughout town. Their Little Red Cap beer is one of my all time favorites!
- Take in some art at Independence Gallery: Currently featuring 65 Roses for Cystic Fibrosis the sale of these donated pieces will benefit the CF Foundation.
- Getaway at the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch: One of the most beautiful wedding venues in Denver, the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch is offering a Romantic Getaway all throughout the month of February.
Stay Home with a Box of Chocolates & Wine
If heading out and battling the crowds aren’t your thing, cozying up at home with a box of chocolates is a great way to relax with your Valentine instead. Based in Longmont, Robin Chocolates has curated their favorite valentines day flavors into a beautiful heart-shaped treats. Who can say no to a box of chocolates on Valentines Day!
If you are a toffee lover and chocolate isn’t your thing (which who ARE YOU ANYWAYS) Enstrom Chocolates from Grand Junction has retail stores all throughout Denver and can help you find the perfect chocolate treat for your sweetie.
Add in a bottle of wine from the western slope and you have the perfect night in! Talon Winery in Palisade Colorado has three unique brands all with wines available in stores throughout Denver (Argonaut is one!). St. Kathryn’s fruit based wines are some of my favorite and are the ideal compliment to Valentine’s Day treats.