I love recipes where I can start part of the meal and leave it to finish while I clean up the kitchen or work on the the side dishes and this Gouda Stuffed Chicken Recipe is perfect for just that! Using Creamy Gouda from Simply Hickory Farms this recipe combines the savory taste of bacon with the sweet creamy flavor of gouda.
Gouda Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is heating slice the gouda into 1″ x 1/4″ rectangles. Using dishwasher safe cutting board, place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use a meat cleaver or other heavy object to pound the chicken breasts to a 1/2″ thickness.
Salt and pepper the chicken. Place the cut gouda along the center line of the chicken. Wrap the chicken into a roll, tucking the gouda inside.
Using 3 pieces of bacon for each piece of chicken, wrap the chicken tightly.
Place into a medium hot nonstick pan to brown the bacon and slightly cook the chicken.
When the bacon is browned, move the chicken into an oven safe dish and put in the oven for 20 mins to finish.
Cut each rollup in half and serve with steamed vegetables or your favorite side dish. Each of these roll up will serve 2 people.
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 oz Creamy Gouda from Hickory Farms
- 6 slices of Bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep the gouda by slicing it into 2" x 1/4" rectangles.
- On a separate cutting board, use a meat cleaver to pound breasts into 1/2" thickness.
- Layer the gouda in the center of the chicken and wrap tightly with 3 strips of bacon.
- In a medium-hot nonstick pan cook the wrapped chicken until bacon is browned.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish and finish in the oven for 20 minutes.